Friday, September 24, 2004

Boring Beige Boxes

You know, I cannot believe that personal computers have been around for the 'masses' for the past 15 to 20 years and yet most people are still content with having a big beige box sitting on their desktop taking up half their desk. Not me anymore!

Recently, I renovated my spare room/home-office and decided that I didn't want it to look like the regular, cold, sterile office, cluttered with papers and crap. So, I painted the walls a bright goldy-orange colour, and carpeted the floor in a matching gold wool carpet. The light fightings, blinds and other fixtures are all done in stainless steel and the suede sofa-bed, chair and desk are all in black. So plonking a boring beige box in here would just ruin everything.

Now I must admit, lately, there have been a few 'silvery' looking cases come onto the market, but most just look cheap and tacky. You know, as if they've been spray-painted silver for a school play or something. So today I spent most of my afternoon trying to see if I could find something more suitable online.

My friend Matt, suggested that I look at Shuttle cases. Yeah, they seem to be about the right size and all, but still they look a bit clinical. I want my new desktop to look snazzy - like an appliance, rather than a box full of drives and other components.

Then I found it! It's called an MCI MEGA PC System, although, in fact it is quite small. It also matches the rest of the room too! :)




Now, all I have to do is go get Matt or Robert to check its specs to see if it will do the job I want. Wish me luck, coz I'm over looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home