the dotcom.cash.card
Last week I met up with an old acquaintance, Martin, who I'd bumped into the week before on the way to the station. He wanted to meet up for coffee to discuss this new business venture he was setting up and wondered if I was interested in joining him.
According to Martin, this concept is set to turn the internet world on its ear with the idea of doing away with credit card payments online (Yeah, sure). Because it is all still relatively hush-hush (with patents pending etc.), I can't go into detail here (just as he kept telling me... hehe ;).
Although I was keen to hear more about the processes and the web side of things, Martin had other plans for me. Apparently, my reputation for being able to organise things made him think I'd be perfect for setting up the logistics side of things.
Even though the concept seems to have merit, I still haven't been able to find one example online where this has been done before successfully. Anyway, so a day or two later, after doing some research, as well as a bit of deliberation, I decided that I didn't really want to go back to that type of work. My new chosen career path may be a lot more difficult and unknown for me, but I like the idea of learning something new. At this stage in my life I have nothing to prove as far as showing people how good I am at organising and co-ordinating things.
Anyway, I just hope that I don't come back here in 3 years time and have to admit that I'd made a big mistake by passing up the offer.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home