Thursday, September 23, 2004

Virtual Machine

Last week Robert gave me an evaluation copy of Transcender to look at to see if I was interested in subscribing. Transcender is IT certification exam preparation software that helps you prepare you to pass Microsoft exams.

Back in June I decided that I would work towards getting Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer certification (MCSD).

It's the highest certification available at the moment and is broken down into 4 streams;

Exam 70–315: Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C#™ .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

Exam 70–316: Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

Exam 70–320
: Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework


Exam 70–300: Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution Architectures

and an elective;

Exam 70–229
: Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server™ 2000 Enterprise Edition

... anyway, I digress. The point I was making? Oh yeah, in order to make Transcender work on my machine which is currently running Win XP SP2, I needed to create a Vurtual Machine (Win 98). It's like having an OS within an OS.

At one point yesterday, I walked away from my laptop to the kitchen and when I came back I didn't recognise my machine. Windows 98 seems like centuries ago to me now. I know the interface is not THAT much different (well, not compared to DOS days), but still it took me a while to remember where everything was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home